Director of Development
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: 101 Branigin Blvd, Franklin, Indiana, 46131
Employer: Franklin College
Franklin College is accepting applications for the position of Director of Development within our Institutional Advancement division. This position will be responsible as the primary fundraiser for Franklin College by implementing the major gift program, including capital campaigns, corporate, annual, and planned gifts. This is a salaried, full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
Essential Position Functions
- Assist the VP of Institutional Advancement with aspects of designing, implementing and assessing a comprehensive major gift fundraising program for Franklin College;
- Assist the VP of Institutional Advancement in designing and managing an institutional corporate sponsorship program;
- Manage a strategic cultivation and solicitation program for leadership and major-gift level donors;
- Manage a strategic cultivation and solicitation program for capital campaign donors;
- Assist Director of Planned Giving with marketing ideas and implementation for Horizon Society giving;
- In partnership with Director of Planned Giving, solicit planned gifts and members for the Horizon Society;
- Assist with creation of stewardship program to appropriately recognize major donors;
- Assist in identifying prospects to diversify and expand donor base;
- Support alumni engagement and fundraising in regional areas where assigned contacts reside and work;
- Seek and secure major annual gifts and bequests from Homecoming Reunion Alumni;
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution. This position also requires a minimum of three-five (3-5) years’ experience in fundraising/relationship management. The selected candidate for this position will possess knowledge of major gift acquisitions and planned giving vehicles and possess a willingness to pursue education in those areas. The position requires a mastery of Microsoft Office products and a familiarity with office work environments. We are looking for an individual who is astute, has a collaborative leadership style which fosters teamwork. The individual needs to be highly organized and a self-starter with professional expertise in effectively identifying opportunities for philanthropy at Franklin College. However, this position must adhere to gift acceptance policies and guidelines approved by the Board of Trustees. This position will travel, and some nights and weekends will be required.