Program and Alumni Coordinator for Leadership Johnson County
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: 101 Branigin Boulevard, Franklin, IN 46131
Employer: Franklin College
Founded in 1834, Franklin College is a residential four-year undergraduate liberal arts institution with a scenic, wooded campus located 20 minutes south of downtown Indianapolis. The college prepares men and women for challenging careers and fulfilling lives through the liberal arts, offering its approximately 1,000 students 28 majors, 36 minors and eight pre-professional programs. In 1842, the college began admitting women, becoming the first coeducational institution in Indiana and the seventh in the nation. Franklin College maintains a voluntary association with the American Baptist Churches USA. Franklin College is accepting applications for our Leadership Johnson County Program and Alumni Coordinator position. This is a full time, salary-exempt, 10-month position reporting to the Executive Director of Leadership Johnson County. The Program and Alumni Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the programming logistics as well as:
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Make all logistical arrangements for Signature Program and all alumni events; • Secretarial support for Signature Program and all alumni activities;
- Provide logistical support for LJC program days;
- Write all correspondence pertaining to all LJC programs;
- Maintain community contacts for LJC through the logistical arrangements for all LJC programs;
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness;
- Assist in the development of short- and long-term plans for programs, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance;
- Develop yearly outreach plan according to program needs and capacity;
- Ensure database(s) maintenance which include(s) participant and prospect information and mailing list;
- Complete errands within the local community;
- Coordinate all logistics for recruitment of participants for all LJC programs;
- Assist with planning and delivery or program materials as needed;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of LJC.
Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- 2 years professional related experience in related area or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- 1-2 years Public Speaking experience;
- Familiar with adult education and training;
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Advocate for the importance of leadership development;
- Relationship building skills;
- Knowledge of Johnson County;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Publisher, Microsoft Outlook, Zoom, Microsoft Forms and PowerPoint.
We offer flexible working conditions; however, some evening and weekend hours are required. Excellent benefits package including: health, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, retirement plan, and full tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a complete application (electronic submissions preferred) including cover letter, resume, and three professional references via the application link – Franklin College Staff Application
Contact Human Resources with additional questions.
101 Branigin Blvd.
Franklin, IN 46131