Madison Street Salvage – Part Time Shop Assistant
Job Type : Part Time
Job Location: Madison Street Salvage
Employer: Franklin Heritage, Inc.
Responsible for assisting the Director, Manager, and other shop employees with the day-to-day operation of Madison Street Salvage, a vintage/antique store that raises funds for The Historic Artcraft Theatre through Franklin Heritage, Inc. Part-time salvage employees report directly to the Director and Manager of Madison Street Salvage as well as Executive Director and/or Franklin Heritage, Inc. Board of Directors members.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and prompt service to all customers at all times
- Occasional heavy lifting and moving furniture, etc. is a must
- Assist with maintaining and updating the online e-commerce shop listings (training provided)
- Coordinate and manage salvage donations, pick-ups and tax receipts
- Assist with shop displays, pricing, and overall handicap accessibility and safety conditions
- Handle money in a responsible manner, ensuring safe practices and accounting procedures
- Great customer service skills are a must!
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds, use furniture moving dolly, carts, etc. in a safe manner
- Please do not inquire if you are not able to lift and move large furniture items!
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook
- Basic Microsoft Excel knowledge is a bonus
- Schedule flexibility a must: Will work a mix of weekdays and weekends
- Shifts are Mon-Sat 9:45am-5:15pm, Sundays 12:45-5:15pm.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to work
- The ability to be insurable on our auto policy and occasionally drive our work vehicles for item pickups is a must. (no CDL required)
- Ability to organize and work effectively with shop volunteers and other employees
- Must be able to pass a limited criminal background check Pay
- $15/hour, will average 3 days a week, 19.5-22.5 hours per week.
- Possible opportunity for future full-time employment as shop grows
- At this time Franklin Heritage, Inc. does not provide health or retirement benefits for part time employees. Paid time off will begin accrual for the part time position at one year anniversary.
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31st, 2023 for consideration.