Safety, Compliance, & Training Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: 750 International Drive, Franklin, IN, 46131
The founding fathers of the electric cooperative movement had strong ties to Indiana. One of the first electric cooperatives to serve a rural area in America is located right here in our state. In the 1930s, investor-owned utilities were not interested in serving rural areas, feeling it would not be profitable. But the leaders of the agricultural communities of rural America knew that electricity was vital to the progress of our country, and with federal funding available through the newly created Rural Electrification Administration (REA), cooperatives began springing up across America.
Founded in 1935, JCREMC began operations with 1,129 members. Today we serve over 21,000 members with over 1,650 miles of distribution line.
From our founding in 1935 until today, our mission has remained the same. In all areas of our operations, JCREMC is committed to safely and efficiently providing reliable electric services for our community.
Our values include safety, integrity, efficiency, community-oriented, consumer-focused, innovation, and transparency.
We are seeking a dedicated Safety, Compliance and Training Coordinator to join our team. This position will be responsible for coordinating and implementing employee safety and training programs and maintaining the cooperative’s regulatory compliance program.
As a Safety, Compliance and Training Coordinator, your duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and assure compliance with company regulatory requirements in coordination with Indiana Electric Cooperatives (IEC).
- Oversee and assure compliance with safety training requirement in coordination with IEC.
- Facilitate monthly safety awareness and training meetings in coordination with the Director of Operations.
- Schedule and facilitate field safety inspections. Document safety violations, concerns, and issues.
- Design, develop, and determine best delivery methods for internal training courses to support safety and performance improvement goals of the company.
- Design, develop, schedule, and coordinate public safety education events.
- Assist other departments with member training events as needed.
- Record and maintain documentation of employee training sessions.
- Maintain records required for the three-year submission of the Rural Electric Safety Achievement Program (RESAP).
- Review and update the Cooperative’s Emergency Action Response Plan (EARP); file with government agencies as required. Coordinate annual EARP emergency exercise.
- Review and update the Cooperative’s Facility Emergency Action Plan in cooperation with the Emergency Control Committee.
- Review, update and provide training for the Cooperative’s Vulnerability and Risk Assessment Plan.
- Maintain the Cooperative’s regulatory compliance documentation. File with government agencies as required.
- Act as the Cooperative’s liaison with Emergency Management Agencies.
- Serve as a participatory team member in safety and training programs.
- Present information to all levels of employees.
- Maintain and make available to employees, a current version of the Cooperative’s Safety Rules.
- Investigate accident and near-miss incidents occurring on the Cooperative’s distribution system. Maintain required forms and documentation related to each incident and provide detailed reports to the Safety Team.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- At least 4 years’ experience in the operations of an electric utility
- 1-3 years’ experience in the regulatory compliance and/or safety
- Familiarity with e-Learning platforms and working knowledge of personal computer systems
- Excellent communications skills
What’s In it for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) and company match with Traditional and Roth options
- Pension plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days
- National Discount program
- Parks & Rec membership
- Tuition reimbursement