Health Care Navigator
Job Type : Full Time
Job Location: 1070 West Jefferson Street, Franklin, IN, 46131
Employer: Otterbein Senior Life
The role of the Marketing Liaison/Health Care Navigator is to drive long stay nursing and post-acute (rehabilitative care) census results for the Otterbein Franklin nursing ministry. The position will work on a complementary basis with the Franklin Senior Lifestyle Community, Prospects, Otterbein’s clinical team, and health care teams at hospitals within a 60 mile radius of Franklin. A specific focus on the Johnson Memorial Hospital, Community South, St. Francis; doctoral practices, Chambers of Commerce, social/business groups, senior centers and churches in the identified geography.
- Establish relationships with targeted hospitals (administrators, doctors, social workers, case managers and discharge nurses) to drive referrals for patients needing long-term nursing and/or post-acute (rehabilitative) care.
- Ensure financial viability of the local ministries by developing and maintaining a relationship that yields an increased share of patient referrals from the targeted hospitals.
- Monitor and maintain targeted payer mix to meet financial goals and assure financial stability for the ministries supported.
- Develop and execute quarterly nursing marketing plans for the Franklin area.
- Assess potential referrals or potential admissions, and work to admit the patient to the optimal Otterbein location.
- Distribute brochures, fliers and other promotional items to referral sources in the targeted hospitals.
- Work closely and collaboratively with hospital and Otterbein admissions/discharge marketing team members to assure easy transition of patient from hospital to Otterbein.
- Coordinate marketing efforts to meet census goals and to keep the Otterbein location staff advised of anticipated referrals, tours and/or admissions.
- Identify opportunities and execute those selected opportunities to make working with Otterbein easier and more efficient for Medical Center and doctoral practice personnel.
- Plan events and special activities with referral partners.
- Home and hospital visits to current and future residents at the hospital.
- Create digital marketing strategies applicable to the geography supported by this position.
- Ability to create and execute creative approaches to virtual marketing.
- Create and send videos to referral partners (through Sales Mail).
- Work professionally and communicate directly with the Director of Nursing, Medical team at Otterbein & all hospitals, the administrator & reporting to the Director of Marketing.
- Reporting bi-weekly on response time for referrals.
- Attend meetings for all Navigators via zoom weekly.
- Reporting weekend pending on Friday’s to prepare Otterbein of any admits that may happen over the weekend.
- Getting all pertinent information from the hospitals, and patients.
- This will be a majority of remote work within the hospitals surrounding our area with daily meetings that will need to be attended in person each morning to report on upcoming admits, pending admits, residents out at the hospital, and additional information to insure a timely responses and updates.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Recognize the autonomy and dignity of all patients/residents.
- Communicate a sense of caring, concern, and dignity for patients/residents.
- Understand how to place decision-making in the hands of the patients/residents when appropriate.
- Make prompt and accurate judgments with regard to patients/residents care and emergencies.
- Work and communicate effectively as part of the self-directed marketing work team.
- Interest in caring for the quality of life needs of patients/residents.
- Establish excellent relationships and ongoing communications with hospital personnel in referral marketing, management and decision-making roles.
- Self-starter & self-motivated to remain focused and effective.
- Proficient with technology, CRMs, hospital portals (plus), insurance experience (plus)
- BA/BS preferred; plus three to five years of sales/marketing experience with a proven track record in referral marketing, healthcare admissions in a senior care or nursing home setting.
- Knowledge of data management (customer relationship management) programs preferred.
- LPN, RN, or social worker with experience as a clinical liaison (preferred).
- Excellent organizational/planning/time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to connect with referral partners and patients/residents.