Environmental Health and Safety Manager
1900 Commerce Parkway, Franklin, IN, 4613
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will be involved in the design, development, coaching, training, and administration of environmental, health and safety systems and programs to keep all employees safe while also acting as the contact with federal, state and regulatory bodies. Will proactively manage EH & S and Sustainability in order to comply with all applicable regulations, to achieve a safe work environment and minimize the impact to the environment. Proficient in conducting data analysis and reporting stats.
- Establish EHS and Sustainability programs and processes that are safe, environmentally sustainable and meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Identify ergonomic risk and partner with functional teams and engineering to create solutions.
- Provide technical and regulatory support for chemical handling, hazardous waste, industrial hygiene, laser and nuclear safety.
- Interface with regulatory agencies on EHS matters.
- Lead EHS Sustainability initiatives at the site, and engage employees to get involved in projects resulting in less waste, using less energy and water.
- Inspire a culture where employees, at all levels, take ownership for safety. Engage employees in safety initiatives to eliminate or control safety hazards and reduce the risk of an injury or chemical release.
- Ensure that the safety committee, emergency response team and waste minimization/sustainability team are established and effective.
- Coordinate and develop a partnership with site Facilities to implement safety and regulatory programs such as Contractor Safety, Electrical Safety, Lockout-tag-out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, and Machine Guarding
- Support OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VVP) and Zero Waste certifications
- Influence and motivate internal staff to achieve site and global objectives.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Provide technical and regulatory EHS guidance for programs including non-hazardous, biohazardous and hazardous waste, wastewater management, air emissions, hazard communication, injury and illness prevention, chemical hygiene, industrial hygiene, lab safety, emergency preparedness, facilities/contractor safety, pollution prevention, and nuclear safety.
- Develop, implement, deliver, and track effective safety training programs
- Lead job hazard analysis assessments, management of change (MOC), and new equipment and/or process safety reviews. Drive closure of action items generated through audits, MOC, and risk assessments.
- Manage site emergency response plan and readiness.
- Provide effective Incident Response and follow-up and oversee and conduct Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis.
- Insure injury and illness cases are effectively managed to closure and preventative measures are identified, communicated, and implemented.
- Participate in EHS inspection program and track correction action items to completion
- Support annual environmental permit submissions; assist with the preparation of regulatory reports (e.g., wastewater, air district reports, stormwater, etc.).
- Lead EHS audit teams.
- Assist department managers, supervisors, and employees with the implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, employee engagement, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in EHS, engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant manufacturing experience
- 7+ years’ experience or involvement in EHS
- Certified Safety Professional (CPS), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are required, including the ability to interact with outside regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and slide presentations required.