Economic Vitality Specialist
Marketing Professional and Local Business Liaison
Discover Downtown Franklin (DDF) is seeking a full time employee who will advocate for the mission of the organization through local business support and marketing/social media management. Discover Downtown Franklin is a Nationally Accredited Main Street that follows the 4 Point Approach toward revitalization: Design, Promotion, Organization and Economic Vitality.
This staff member’s primary focus will be to interact with and promote the downtown Franklin business community and facilitate the Discover Downtown Franklin media channels.
Full-Time and In-Person Position
1. Manage Discover Downtown Franklin Instagram and Facebook pages, including Facebook events.
2. Develop creative content including reels, interviews, or other engaging formats of communication.
3. Share weekly newsletters centered around the Franklin Farmers Market, merchant events and/or Sponsorship recognition.
4. Create a marketing schedule that is consistent, engaging and trackable.
5. Connect with the website management team to ensure pages are up-to-date.
6. Spend 4+ hours per week developing page content and interacting with the business owners by visiting local restaurants and retail locations.
7. Organize monthly Economic Vitality Committee (EVC) meetings, including writing the agenda and following up on projects discussed in the meetings.
8. Attend the monthly Board Meeting.
9. Act as a liaison between Discover Downtown Franklin and the local businesses.
10. Work with the director to make sure the Downtown Business Fund is being utilized appropriately and reflects engagement with the merchant community.
11. Brainstorm new programming ideas for the businesses and for DDF.
12. Ensure DDF fundraising programming connects to our merchant community.
13. Partnership with the Franklin Chamber of Commerce and other business-related organizations in the community.
EXPECTATIONS AND FOCAL QUALITIES
The specialist position follows these parameters:
- Experience with Instagram, Facebook, and Tiktok
- Familiarity with Canva, Mailchimp, and Google Apps
- Ability to track and report metrics to committee members, staff members and Board.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field is recommended by not mandatory
- Experience with Quickbooks is recommended by not mandatory
- Self-accountability and willingness to try new ideas
- Consistency with quantity and quality of work
- Monthly reports to Board
- Monday - Friday, with general office hours from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (37.5 hours per week).
- Expect additional hours over DDF event weekends
BENEFITS AND SALARY INFORMATION
- Starting salary of $40,000
- Cell Phone Stipend of $25 per paycheck
- Health Insurance stipend of $100 per paycheck
- Paid bi-weekly
Please send your resume, cover letter and three references to Jess Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 2023 at 10 a.m.