Founded in 1935, and located in Franklin, Indiana, JCREMC is a cooperative electric utility that supplies electric services to more than 26,000 meters in Johnson County and portions of Morgan, Shelby, and Brown counties. To learn more about JCREMC and our career opportunities, visit www.jcremc.com
JCREMC is currently looking for a General Accountant to join our team. This individual will be responsible for providing detailed, accurate accounting for all aspects of the general ledger and accounts payable records. The ideal candidate will have an associate degree, or equivalent, in accounting and two years of relevant work experience.
General responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring all invoices are coded properly and process accounts payable on a weekly basis
• Reconciling all credit card activity to validate for payment.
• Reconciling customer payments to bank account deposits and reconcile selected bank accounts.
• Prepare miscellaneous invoices related to various business functions and provide follow up notice for unpaid invoices as needed.
• Maintain general and distribution plant asset records for the electric business.
The successful candidate must be capable and be reasonably proficient at working with computerized spreadsheets and word processing applications. The ability to effectively communicate with management and fellow employees concerning the various business responsibilities is also key.