The Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities for Franklin Heritage, Inc.
This is an outstanding opportunity to help shape the accounting functions and add value to the mission of Franklin Heritage, Inc. as well as the ability to work alongside a diverse group of staff, Board members, volunteers and community members who share a passion for that same mission.
The Controller will be involved in supporting presentations to the board finance committee and will work closely with the Executive Director and Board Treasurer.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations of a budget of $1million. The Controller will ensure that Franklin Heritage, Inc. has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation. The Controller will work closely with program leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
Note: This will be a Part-Time position (15-20 hours per week)
• Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions.
• Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of Franklin Heritage’s financial status.
• Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
• Coordinating activities of external auditors.
• Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process.
• Managing the budget process.
• Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
• Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Engage the board’s finance committee around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
• Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period.
• Manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
• Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature leader with five to ten years of accounting experience. She or he will ideally have experience in a complex nonprofit that has multiple programs. Specific requirements include:
• Minimum of a BA in accounting or finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
• Experience in non-profit environment preferred.
• Solid experience managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments & loans,
• Technology savvy, ideally with experience in Quickbooks.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Franklin Heritage’s mission.
• Analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple reporting.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners.
• Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
Application may be found at https://www.historicartcrafttheatre.org/