Job Opening: Police Department Civilian Admin. Secretary / Records
Job Title: Clerical (Part-Time)
Category: Part Time 15-20 hours per week Pay rate: 15.00 hour
Job Objectives: The Administrative Secretary provides administrative office support to the Chief, Deputy Chief, and all Administrative Staff. The employee provides a variety of clerical, administrative, and technical services in support of the Franklin City Police Department.
Essential Job Functions:
* Responsible for providing effective community relations between the police department and the citizens by answering telephone calls and transferring calls to appropriate department employee.
* Responsible for keeping accurate records/copies on such office items as accident reports, incident reports, permits, police department Rules and Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
* Photocopies, prints and distributes materials in accordance with established department procedures.
* Responds to requests for information from media outlets. Assists with writing press releases and preparing information for distribution to media outlets.
* Responsible for assisting in the coordination of community events involving both the police department and City of Franklin.
* Responsible for assisting in clerical support for the office manager and transcriptionist.
* Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail/packages, setting appointments, and typing documents/letters/certificates.
* Responsible for scheduling new officers for tests and appointments.
Reports to the Supervisor assigned by the Chief of Police
Applications may be obtained from the City Hall and are to be returned to:
Franklin City Hall 70 E. Monroe St. Franklin, IN 46131
*Submission Deadline 11/11/19
Attention: Michelle Murray